Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Time.......

 

Hi blogger buddies! Just wanted to share another journal page:)
I applied gesso to the page, then smeared on acrylic paint...love doing that. You never know how it's going to turn out! The leaves I drew...yes I drew them myself..lol... are done with watercolor pencils, then I just took a water brush over it to blend it in, what fun! I put some paint on bubble wrap in a couple different colors and stamped in random spots.
I have this really cool stamp set by Recollections that made the look of splatter all over my page. Want to talk about a fun stamp! I'm always reaching for it, gives your project a really cool "grungy" look. The image I have stored  on my puter. I colored it in with distress inks, just her dress and the flowers. There's a mini tag peeking out of the side, stamped with the splatter stamp. The quote is a t!m holtz stamp and it reads....

Time is a
companion
that goes
with us on
The journey
It reminds
Us To Cherish
Each Moment
because it
Will Never
come again
What we
leave behind
is not as
Important
as how we
have lived

Love this quote. It has a very special meaning for me....
I guess I covered everything..lol. If your still here, I love it!
Hope you enjoyed your visit today:)
Have yourself a fun day!
♥hugs♥
Bev

10 comments:

  1. love your journal page: it really has a 'i-had-fun' feel to it! and the leaves look just like you stamped them, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you France!!! Yeah it was a lot of fun. I had the most fun dong the leaves! Thanks for visiting:)

      Delete
  2. Rich colors and love the vintage, Bev.
    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coleen! Thanks so much for your sweet comment:) Having you visit means a lot to me. Have a great day:)

      Delete
  3. This is quite lovely and has a great vintage feel! I am not sure why, but I am receiving many e-mails from the people who comment on your blog. Here is a copy of the last one that came to my e-mail.

    Coleen has left a new comment on your post "Time.......":

    Rich colors and love the vintage, Bev.
    Coleen in Ukraine



    Posted by Coleen to Thoughts O' Mine at April 25, 2012 12:19 PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment!!! Sorry about the em-mails:(((

      Delete
  4. Hey girly...for some reason I'm getting all your comments emailed to me...do you know why that is? lol
    take care
    xoxo
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I had to make you smile somehow.lol. I'm really sorry...I think I fixed it.

      Delete
  5. Me too? This is so weird I am getting all of the replies to this blog post emailed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. arrrrrrrrr.....I'm really aorry Kritin:(( Hopefully I fixed the boo-boo. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails